This book describes the application of artificial neural networks to structural mechanics. The contents of the book include:
- an introduction to artificial neural networks
- a review of the application of neural networks to various problems in structural mechanics
- training neural networks sequentially and in parallel
- the use of neural networks in adaptive mesh generation
- the use of supervised and unsupervised neural networks for mesh partitioning
The C source code for the main procedures described in the book are available from the authors' webpage.
"... This book should be considered a reference book for researchers working in this field. ... a structural analyst or designer interested in this subject would also find this book useful ..."
Applied Mechanics Reviews
Saxe-Coburg Publications, hardback: 180 pages
1997: ISBN 1-874672-02-4 price £78